Friday, September 2, 2011

Fine at Forty

Psalm 139;14   I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

     Well I made it thru the night and the transition went smoothly, I made it to 40.  Alot of people may think I don't look 40 but unlike Obama I have the birth certificate to prove it, ha. I see people on television and think 'good grief, I'm older than them?'  I know that God made my small frame and weak muscles with a purpose in mind and not just to make life more challenging for me. My strength is not physical but is from Him and that's all I need to keep this 40yr old spirit going.

4 comments:

  1. WOW 40?!!! You don't look it. We need to celebrate. I am 3 years from there. I pray God makes me ready by then to swallow those 2 numbers gracefully. Time slows down for no one. Happy Birthday again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun night! Thank you so much for inviting me to be a part of your big milestone celebration! The food was great, the music sweet, the cake adorable, and the fellowship the best. You are a beautiful 40-year-old...inside and out! Your blog tonight reminded me of Philippians 4:13....one of my favorite verses..."I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." No matter how strong our bodies are, He is the one who gives us strength. Love you, Angie....sweet dreams on your first night in your new decade!! And if you wake up and want a midnight snack, remember what's in the fridge!
    Twylia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, I don't know a stronger woman! Indeed His strength is made perfect in your weakness, just as the apostle Paul. Thanks to your parents for a wonderful evening of fun and fellowship. I can't think of anywhere I would have rather been. I look forward to seeing what God has in store for your ministry to others in the coming year. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 40 years young...and I loved celebrating it with you! You are a lady of strength and it is evident in you that Christ is the source of that strength.

    ReplyDelete