Tuesday, August 16, 2011

10 Favorites

Okay, the following are 10 of my favorite things, in no particular order, to help you know me better. I hope you'll comment with your 10 so I can know you better too. Email me, if you cant comment on here.

1. Guacamole...........I think this is my favorite food. Santo Coyote makes the best and I can share or eat the whole bowl, made tableside, myself.

2. TiVo.......I think this is the greatest invention since the microwave. Watching tv without commercials and at your convenience, its wonderful.

3. My Pets.......Animals have always been a part of my life and I cant imagine a life without them. Each are special to me in their own way. I know God provided each of them, just when I needed them.

4. Canton, TX..........I love to go here. Its flea market heaven. The weekend before the first Monday of each month, the whole town turns into a shoppers paradise.

5. My Parents...... They've been there thru thick and thin for me. I've been to more places and done more than most people because of them. I love you.

6. Clothes..... Yes, I'm a clothes-horse. I love getting new clothes. I rarely outgrow my clothes so I give them away, usually to Haiti, to make room for new stuff.

7. Eating out....... I love to go out with friends to our favorite restaurants. Even if I can't eat, due to coughing, I love the conversation and fellowship.

8. Dulcimer lessons.......Phillip took a chance on me and I am so thankful. It not only challenges me but it is fun. Our conversations are an encouragement too.

9. Memory of Maui...... This was one of the best weeks in my life. My parents went to Hawaii when I was in 10th grade but I declined to go. I wanted to go somewhere like that if I ever fell in love. Fast forward to 1994, my parents sent Marc and I to Maui for my college graduation present. Snorkeling, parasailing, submarine, a drive around the island, the beach day, and more.

10. Friends..... Where would I be without them? You know who you are and you're priceless.

6 comments:

  1. ALL RIGHT!!! I think I got this thing working! Now maybe I can "respond" to all your wonderful blogs! LOVED today's list of favorite things....so many are also my favorite things. We are more alike than I knew...and that makes me SO happy! Love you, Angie...have a GREAT day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 Being a mom 2My family (all of them) 3Vacations
    4Guacamole 5Dessert 6Shopping - especially new places...when I have some $ to spend 7Naps 8A clean house 9Not being the one who cleans it 10My precious friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Guacamole...........I think this is my favorite food. Santo Coyote makes the best and I can share or eat the whole bowl, made tableside, myself. Ditto! Me too! I agree! Hungry for some?

    2. Spring and early summer and Fall. (Not winter!) I love green and gold and red and yellow--all the colors of the warmer months. I like the bare trees (love to look up through the branches), but I can't stand to be cold. And hate to wear layered clothing. Oh, yeah, this is my favorites, not my unfavorites.

    3. My husband. I'm so glad that after 43 years, I can still say that!

    4.Okay. Paris. I do love Paris--the smells, the subway, the architecture, the food, the hotels, the Louvre, the Arch de Triomphe circle, the Madeleine department store--I even like the language. Beautiful Paris.

    5. My grandkids. Yep! If I had known that they were so awesome I would have had them first!

    6. Sales, sales, sales. The only time I will buy clothing new is when it is reduced at a ridiculously low price. 50%? Never! Or almost never.

    7. Having my family so close by. It's a blessing too few folks have anymore, and I love it!

    8. Taking trips with hubby. We do it seldom, but when we do, I really enjoy the special time with him.

    9. Memory of our last long road trip--Michigan, Wisconsin, and Canada. An unforgettable 5 weeks of travel and sightseeing.

    10. Friends..... Where would I be without them? You know who you are and you're priceless. Amen again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not in any particular order...
    1. The laugh of all three of my guys. I laugh more because of their laughs. They are all contagious. 2.Sleeping in. I love not being on a morning schedule. 3. Randy. I would not be who I am today with out the balance he brings to my personality. 4. Fall. Not only is it a beautiful time of year and I love decorating for it more than any season, but I get to hide all my chubbies with layers. 5. Socks. I love fun dress socks. Another reason I like cooler weather because I can wear them. I ask for them every year at Christmas. 6. My friends. I am introverted by nature and the friends I have never drain my batteries. I could spend a lot of time with them. 7. My Murphy dog. I have had him for 8 years now. Nala dog is growing on me more and more. 8. Beating Rebekah at Dutch Bliss. Yes, this as evil as it is, brings me great joy. She normally whoops me.
    9. Crafting. This brings me inner peace. Especially when it turns out good. I wish I had more time for it. 10. Reading. It annoys Randy that I get so wrapped up in a book(he's just jealous I am a faster reader than him), but if I was single I could read a book for days and not stop. It's a bit of an addiction. I am on the Harry Potter series and it kills me that I don't have as much time to read as I would like. Trying to find balance.
    There ya have it. This was fun. Thanks. I loved reading every ones lists!!

    ReplyDelete