Thursday, September 29, 2011

Blessings






     'Count your blessings, name them one by one.'  The feedback I have gotten back from my blogs have been an overwhelming blessing to me. I look forward to reading the comments every day to see how whatever I said touched my reader's lives. The video above tells how blessings come in all different forms. Do you count 'trials of this life as His mercies in disguise?' It is a blessing that God will do whatever it takes to draw you near to Him, regardless of your pain or pleasure. I think if we could think of everything as a blessing, good or bad times, then we could see and accept our lives as part of God's plan more willingly and less of a fight. Yes, I was looking forward to going to Canton this weekend but my trial of being sick shows me that I am blessed with good medicine, praying friends and the comfort of home. That's the best bargain you'll ever find.

4 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me. I so admire your attitude and your courage. "Count Your Blessings" was a favorite song of another sweet friend, Sharon Davis, who passed away a few years ago. She had polio as a child and walked with a brace all her life. Like you, she was such an encourager and an inspiration in my life. I hope my comment will post....if not, I will just put it on FB again. It seems that is the only place I can post sometimes! Hope you feel better every day and get strong enough to go to Canton next month. Love your blogs....keep 'em coming! And remember, we are exactly where God wants us to be....love you, Twylia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too often I wait until the trial is past to be thankful for it. It seems to take me a while to wake up to what God is doing or teaching me (guess I'm a little bit dense). I want to trust in the middle of the trial and thank Him as it comes. So sorry your trip was cancelled - hope you can reschedule it soon...I know you like shopping as much as I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great word of encouragement, as always, Angie. Yes, who we really are and how we respond are surely borne on the wings of trial. I am so thankful for a Father who doesn't do for us everything we want, but gives us everything we need. Keep up the blogging, little sis!

    ReplyDelete